Skip to content

General

Welcome to ApartmentRatings.com official feedback forum. Send us your ideas and feedback. Comment on others.

General

Categories

645 results found

1. I posted a review once for an apartment complex that was an absolute nightmare to live in, so I get emails every time a new review is posted. After months of mostly negative reviews, there are all of a sudden four positive reviews posted this week - five-star reviews without a single complaint! This seems EXTREMELY suspicious to me - pretty flagrant "ballot-stuffing" by the management - but there doesn't appear to be any way of flagging them as likely false. You can flag it as "removeable" but that's the closest you can get. A flag for "sock puppet" would…

708 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Personal threats have been made to the employees, property and company through your site. We should have the option to have it removed for this reason.

Also, please give us a way to correct false information. I am all for people sharing but when it is outright lies about places it is not fair to the properties. In the last post for Bridges at Wind River, the compaintant states that the apartment is not yet rented and they say that it is and that we are stealing. I can assure you it is not yet we have no way to…

405 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  AptRatings Admin responded

We offer a way to report reviews that violate our term. Click the “Report Abuse” link at the bottom of any page. We review all complaints and remove any information that violates our terms.

The majority of the time we just remove the violating information rather than delete the entire review. We don’t delete reviews just because an apartment complex asks. All requests are handled using the same criteria.

We only allow for one review per person per property. Multiple reviews aren’t accepted.

3. There have been some similar suggestions, but how about letting the apartments rate the residents who post crap. Let the apartments mention the condition of the apartment, post pictures, details of eviction, problems and make the posters to your site be responsible for what they say.

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Management of so many apartments write reviews. Start checking that IP address. All managers have to do is sign up with an alternate email and write positive reviews of apartments, bumping up the ratings of their own place. It's not rocket science.

160 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am a manager at a privatly owned complex who has been personally defamed in a rating that I have put in a request several times to be removed but have been overlooked. I feel that because it is stated in your user agreement that defamation is not allowed, it is imperative that you remove comments such as these immediately.

107 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ...completely truthful and candor. I am grateful that you have this site, I think you're the only one and not impeding on the first amendment. If I had known about this site, I would of never even live at Park La Brea Village Apartments, and now with every apartment I'm interested in, I look here first to see what was said and 99% of the posts negative or positive, they are true. P.S. these screening suggestions seems suspicious and perhaps coming from management.

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don’t know how much good this will do but… If anyone at Apartmentratings.com should read this I would suggest that you evaluate several of the review being posted on the Summer Brook Apartment website. It is obvious that several of the recent negative reviews are being created by the same person. I understand that this is a rating site and that both negative and positive reviews should be allowed on this page but when someone goes out of their way to create a false identity in an attempt to lower the apartment complex’s ratings and the manager’s integrity I…

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Time for Apartment Ratings to wake up and let tenants tell it like it really is.
    No more limiting of tenants reviews!
    No more erasing of tenants' statements unless they're obscene or ultra-obviously libelous. MOST aren't libelous, so stay on the side of the TENANT, not the lazy greedy apartment owners!
    Make this site one of true benefit to renters!
    Quit kissing the rumps of the apartment owning corporations, quit it!!
    If you're going to kiss ass, kiss tenant's ass!

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. searching for apartments in rockville, MD shows first 3 results then asks me to register. Once I register and log in, it won't show me any results. Fix your broken software.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Anonymous responded

You no longer have to register or log in to use Advanced Search.

10. All of your maps use tiles from http://maps.internetbrands.com (your parent company) that are created with OpenStreetMap data. Unlike the internetbrands.com map, the maps on your website do not display an attribution to OpenStreetMap for using the data. See http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright for more information.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Personally I don't think 5 + year old comments should count. Perhaps leave the comments there but don't use the ratings. So much has changed, including the apartment management AND apartment name. The apartments I live in now are great, it looks like a lot has changed and I'm upset that the ratings are so low.
    After looking through the 500+ comments (briefly) the worst ratings were left over 4 or 5 years ago.. Back when the apartments were under a different name and management. Even the look of the apartments have changed since then.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! The new calculation method is now live- % recommended progressively devalues older reviews… zero weight to 4+ year-old reviews.

12. You're having some serious developement issues and it needs to get fixed ASAP please. I'm trying to post a review and your site is slow, uncooperative, and annoying.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How can I rate my apartment complex if it's not listed?

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For 3 days I've tried to search apts in Dallas and it keeps telling me NULL. I know they are there because I have lived in them and commented on them prior to 3 days ago. Whats the deal?

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As I have personally experienced on this site first time ever in 10 years of property managment, I am so surprised that a strong online firm like ApartmentRating.com does not screen emails to protect defaming or putting lives in danger from predetors looking for single women (seeing how we are the majority of this industry falls in that category). I would strongly recommend you screen out and block out any information that is defaming and the use of bad language towards individuals. Should people chose to rate an apartment complex or the management team, the do so, but when personal…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback— we will remove any personal attacks. Please report them via our abuse form (click “Contact us” at the bottom of the site, then select “Report a User Agreement violation”)

16. I poste a review of Park Place in Alexandria, VA about a situation I experienced with the pipes there. Now I don't see it. You removed it at the request no doubt, of the management. It doesn't matter. People will knoow the truth, no matter what you do to "help out " your allies. Judging grom the reviews I see, the public is already on to this joke of a "review"site.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dear ApartmentRatings.Com Staff –

You leave your website just like it is. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this site. Its wonderful that people can express their opinions, and say exactly what is on their mind when it comes to the buildings where they live. People would never know the truth about the places unless they read it here, so let it stay. It has provided a phenomenal service to thousands over the years.

Keep this up. It’s wonderful.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. They allow people to vent on things that don't are not true and give properties a hard time on leasing. They are allowed to attack properties and staff members. People go on this website to complain because they did not get their way.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Selecting any number of values from the Max Rent select box yields the same search results. It would be nice to look up places that are relatively inexpensive in an easier fashion than clicking on every apartment link and checking out Pricing.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The editors at apartmentratings obviusly don't even look at comments that are made. Disgruntled ex residents can not only write false comments about a community but also write comments that attack the personal appearance and lifestyles of employees and residents. They are able to go into a review and change the submission date so that an old comment will come up as new and they can post reviews using a different IP address. Many comments are made about communities posting false reviews. We personally haven't but it would be very tempting as communities have no recourse except to pay a…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback— we will remove any personal attacks. Please report them via our abuse form (click “Contact us” at the bottom of the site, then select “Report a User Agreement violation”)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?