Skip to content

General

Welcome to ApartmentRatings.com official feedback forum. Send us your ideas and feedback. Comment on others.

General

Categories

645 results found

1. make it so you have to long in BEFORE you can type in the comment box to submit a review, cuz after you type comments it does not get submitted, you get re routed to the log in box. this makes it tough for people moving in and out to write here....

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Im extrememly up set with your staff and the ;\living condontions! Im going to see a lawyer Monday mornning. Ist upon of just moving in ( the hallway bathroom ceiling started with a leaking then the bathroom fell in ) it too several weeks with pics I sent to your office before it was fixed / I actually called home office to get them to fix the hall bathroom,2nd then the apartment flooded so bad all my stuff was destroyed! Sharon aked me to go through her instead of home office , so I tried. Now the bedroom bath was…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not the management company. Perhaps you want to make this into a review? Try searching for your community’s name on ApartmentRatings.com and then you’ll be able to leave a review there which will help your management company understand improvements they should make.

3. Verify the IP addresses of the reviews for Vaseo apartments - for every bad comment 5 - great comments pop the same day with nearly identical wording. Im not saying they do not receive any good comments from tenates but it is very obvious the majority of these reviews are from the same author or authors. What good is an apartment review website if the ratings are easily being completly manipulated by the staff? Your site is useless with out some sort of protection from this. I can see from the many similar requests on this issues your site has…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We agree.
    We have taken a strong stance against incentivized reviews and a practice called “Review Gating” as you described. Here is our public position:
    https://ohmyapt.apartmentratings.com/apartmentratings-prohibits-review-gating.html

We police the reviews submitted and will delete reviews that came from known review gating sources. We also watch out for new tricks.

Please use the “Report” link next to a review to report it for our abuse team to review. We remove reviews we can identify as management submissions.

4. After one bad review, this apt complex has 21 positive reviews posted. I believe they are either fake or the apt mgmt has given their tenants an incentive to write a positive review. There were 6 positove reviews posted today! I bet by tenants who were paying rent today. They had 21 positive reviews in 16 days. Seems auspicious

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi
    This is Swan and I tried writing review in Bell windy Ridge. But As a matter of fact I am a current resident of Bell windy and have a right to tell the truth to others about living and safety of the apartment. But it was a real horrible experience.But I see that I tried writing a review and it does not reflect.Is that facility DISABLED??
    I had a horrible experience with them, I wanted to share to others , they mistreat old people and much more that is why I tried writing review . Please let me know…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re not the management company. Perhaps you want to make this into a review? Try searching for your community’s name on ApartmentRatings.com and then you’ll be able to leave a review there which will help your management company understand improvements they should make.

6. They are very friendly and helpful! This place should be number 1 on the list of choices for Overland Park apartments! It has everything that anyone could possibly need like a gym, outdoor grills, swimming pool, tennis courts, easy highway access. It was a wonderful place to live and if I didn't have to move for my job, I wouldn't have hesitated to renew my lease. Thank you for being a great place to live and giving us a safe and secure neighborhood.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello,

I posted a review to your site for Desert lakes Apartments in Phoenix a few weeks ago. I believe I did so about a year ago as well. My rating is honest and fair, yet it does not seem to get posted to your site. You seem to be interested in positing only those ratings that are totally positive. Prospective tenants have a right to know about negative aspects of a complex they are considering making their home. Not posting every review that is clean and legit is very dishonest on your part. You must get a nice kickback…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I wrote a generally positive review of Nittany Gardens Apartments in State College in August 2011 when I first moved in. When I moved out in May 2013, I had had a couple of bad experiences I wanted to share with readers. I rewrote my review, but instead of it coming at the top of the list so that readers can see refer to my most recent experience, it simply revised the August 2011 listing - which is about 50 reviews down the list and unlikely to be seen by people currently looking at the apartment. Since this is the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We maintain the history of the community to show its evolution. However, you may appreciate a new rating summary we are launching in Q1 2020 which looks back at the last 12 months. We call it the epIQ grade. epIQ stands for experience and performance IQ.

9. I know a few have mentioned it as well, but it seems to keep getting ignored, so I'm going to put it on here too. TRACK IP ADDRESSES!!! I specifically lived in a complex where we caught the management putting false positive reviews on here (we saw it up on their screen). They even called and threatened me when I put a negative review on here so I had to take it down and wait till I moved to put it back up. This type of management staff NEEDS to be exposed for this site to be truly useful. This…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the situation you found yourself in when trying to share your apartment experience with others. We strive to make ApartmentRatings.com an environment where residents, prospective residents, and property managers alike can share accurate and helpful information. In an effort to do that, we in fact do track IP addresses and have rules in place to prevent the abuse our systems. We appreciate all users that put forth the effort to keep ApartmentRatings.com the most reliable source of review information in the multifamily housing industry.

Thank you for using ApartmentRatings.com

10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We maintain the history of the community to show its evolution. However, you may appreciate a new rating summary we are launching in Q1 2020 which looks back at the last 12 months. We call it the epIQ grade. epIQ stands for experience and performance IQ.

11. Removing the names of employees who are under personal attack is not enough. There is a difference between reviewing a business/sharing feedback on overall experience with these businesses and attacking/demeaning/cyber stalking/cyber bullying. Please take a stand even reviewing the comments on reviews and determine are they actually sharing feedback on the business or attacking the business and employees. Allowing this type of behavior is unacceptable, wrong, and enabling cyber bullying. Imagine we could leave feedback on ApartmentRatings.com...what would your customers say about you?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. hey howzabout making the 'top-rated' list SORTable by, like, city?! and... who did the rating?? based on what survey or investigation?
    inquiring minds wanna know!
    and so do I.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Check facts of pricing as well as folks' experience before you post it. Tired of correcting the wrong items folks are getting off your site.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Community Managers can update their marketing information via Manager Center as well as send us a MITS feed through your property management software. If a community is not updating via these options, we display information provided by users during their reviews. We are not able to make selective updates on behalf of community managers.

Here is a link to Manager Center so you can respond to reviews and manage your community information: https://www.apartmentratings.com/manager/register/userinfo

14. The first 3 reviews I read here for The Hamilton at Kings Place in Columbia MD actually mentioned the name of the apartment complex and it was the wrong one - they were all for Dominion Kings Place. I suggest you look into this and fix it. Meanwhile, I am going to search Yelp for reviews because I cannot be sure the reviews here are for the correct location.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It was much easier to make a decision based on the old percentage system, and why is the rating big and bold and at the top like it used to be? No I have to scour all around the page to find it, then figure out this new dumb circle graph. It is not needed. You did it for the sake of making prettier graphics but at the cost of usability.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include the ability of landlords to upload actual floor plan drawings, not just type in descriptions.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was checking out several apartments in Overland Park Ks and some of your ratings were 15 years old. I think the most recent was 8 years. Can you find a way to make the data here more relevant to people looking in 2020.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are consistently trying to get more reviews and current reviews. There is a piece of advice to help you in your apartment search.

I would look for communities that have “Verified Resident” because it’s a community that cares enough to get unfiltered feedback from actual residents so you can see it. It can’t be gamed, there are no incentives for the review, and community managers can’t have unfavorable reviews removed. These are the communities that are most forward-looking and ready to have an honest conversation. They also care to get feedback to work proactively on anything that comes to light.

18. THIS IS A CRITICAL BUG THAT IS GIVING YOU A BAD NAME!!! NO JOKE!!! When you browse a city for apartments, the first page of results says that you're looking at 1-10 of, say, 15 listings. But, it doesn't show 10 on that first page! It only shows 5. But, when you go to the next page, where you expect the list to continue where it left off from the previous page (like at apartment #6), it continues at apartment #11, as if the first page really did show the 10 that it claimed. A perfect example is http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/KY-Frankfort.html .…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have some specific area in mind and I would like to see all apartments located around it. I do not know how can I do it other than guessing some apartment which already located there and then exploring its neighbor apts on map.

I would like just to pinpoint some point on map and see all apts in 5 miles around on the map.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Anonymous responded

We do have a map search! Go to the city page, and in the blue header we have 3 tabs: City Home, Map, and Market. Click Map and the map will open in the page.

20. Why do I have to register twice? I've just created an account on aparmentratings.com, why I need another one for leaving feedback here? This is lame.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Anonymous responded

Uservoice supports leaving feedback without registering. As you look at the comments, these show up as “Anonymous”. Let us know if you’re finding that’s not the case.

• Don't see your idea?