Skip to content

General

Welcome to ApartmentRatings.com official feedback forum. Send us your ideas and feedback. Comment on others.

General

Categories

106 results found

1. When reading the first few lines of a review, I'd like to have each review section expandable/collaspable instead of opening up the review in a new page.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There's a sort by functionality on the main site, it has recommended option but no the ratings option, i suggest if the site has sort by ratings, also if the site has a number mentioned next to those green boxes for ratings, its easier to read than interpret 1/4th of box. lastly if the site has some mechanism to export data to word or excel.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It needs to be posted on the front page of your site that you do not verify your reviews for accuracy nor do you care if they are accurate and that many if not all reviews could be false or misleading to hurt the reputation of a complex.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I use 'enter' and separate paragraphs in the text box, after posting the comment it squashes everything together without any of the spacing we take the time to put so that comments are more readible.

Ex: Reading someone's comment, I liked what they said, but had a negative impression as it seemed they had no sense of separating their thoughts intelligently and it was difficult to follow with it all strung together. I type a response relating to their content, and then found my response was spat out like a squished blob as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please do not include the old reviews on this site it is misleading. The property was purchased a by a new owner Avana Sunnyvale and they are getting credit for the previous owner's ratings "Eaves Sunnyvale-Avalon". This is like if I reviewed a hotel and then it was purchased by the Hilton company, same location, different place. This is misleading and should be changed. I hope that when I look at your site, your reviews are for the company that currently owns the property and not the old ones. The property is being remodeled and the management is now all…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We maintain the history of the community to show its evolution. However, you may appreciate a new rating summary we are launching in Q1 2020 which looks back at the last 12 months. We call it the epIQ grade. epIQ stands for experience and performance IQ.

6. The new website layout, as of March 17, 2017 is more like free advertising for the apartment complexes. This is supposed to be apartment RATINGS, so why bury the ratings at the bottom after all the floor plans and property ad slogans? And why get rid of the "recommended" or "not recommended" ratings? And why so few ratings viewable at one time?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove reviews from old companies, as everything changes when a property changes management companies.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We maintain the history of the community to show its evolution. However, you may appreciate a new rating summary we are launching in Q1 2020 which looks back at the last 12 months. We call it the epIQ grade. epIQ stands for experience and performance IQ.

Here is a link to Manager Center so you can respond to reviews and manage your community information: https://www.apartmentratings.com/manager/register/userinfo

8. For example mira
    Vista ranch in lewisville spent a lot of money on fixing foundation issues and changed management

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Anonymous responded

We can’t remove reviews every time the name of a property is changed or it changes ownership. Unfortunately some companies change names on properties without changing much else. Over time older reviews are phased out of the overall score for each property.

9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Why are you limited to only one response to a review? As a potential resident, I requested more info from a review - and they supplied it. So now there is no way for me to follow-up.

2. When you post more than one response, it transparently replaces your first one with no notification whatsoever. No warning message, it just reloads the same page with your text still in the textarea - how to know if it was even successful? How about some user feedback? If I post a response that starts a good discussion and I try and post again,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It might help if people could post wanted ads for what they are needing, so that they can get even more help.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Anonymous responded

We used to offer this functionality, but it did not have enough users to be useful. Thanks for the suggestion.

11. If someone is going to post something negative they should be able to back it up and be able to come forth. There are so many reviews on my property's website that contain flat out lies. How is this fair and we can't have it removed so the only thing to do is argue it, which makes us look bad. This entire website is ridiculous. Anyone can post anything about a property whether it is true or false. People should have to take accountability if they are going to post.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include an apartment sorting option based on amount of responses to reviews. Higher amounts of responses filter to the top of a search. Or simply include a "Most Active" apartment list. Or just show an "Amount of Responses" number in the actual review bracket. Terrific site regardless of the change!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's 2020, but I see reviews of my apartment building from as far back 2002. Someone expressing their displeasure about an encounter with a building manager or a maintenance issue from nearly 20 years ago is totally useless information. Even the neighborhood around a building changes over time, for better or for worse, and whatever the situation was 20 years ago has little bearing on what it is currently.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Removing old reviews is typically requested by a property manager, and since it’s anonymous, let’s assume it is asking for removal.

Response in two parts:

1) We aren’t removing old reviews. There is valuable information in there and it can even tell a story of how the community can change for the better.

2) Our research tells us that current reviews are most relevant, so we are encouraging communities to have recent reviews and demonstrate good customer service by replying to them. To that end, we are rolling out a new calculation that summarizes the last 12 months and gives a grade rating. That is called epIQ, which stands for Experience Performance IQ. The grade will consider how many reviews a community has, the rating of those reviews, how often a manager responds to them, and how quickly that response was.

14. Fifth ave. apartments in Naperville has a 100% approval rating and lots of non recommendations. please fix

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Residences at Seven Gables is a brand new apartment community so it is not on your site yet. I would love to comment on how great everything has gone since I moved in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I write a successful Dallas real estate blog and would like to partner with you -- email mcandace@sbcglobal.net

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Anonymous is unfair to everyone and it allows people who may have not been approved for a lease to come and post a fake review.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some companies manage well, others manage poorly. This makes all the difference for residents. Even more so than the buildings themselves. It isn't right for future residents to be mislead by reviews that reflect a company that no longer owns the building.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We maintain the history of the community to show it’s evolution. However, you may appreciate a new rating summary we are launching in Q1 2020 which looks back at the last 12 months. We call it the epIQ grade. epIQ stands for experience and performance IQ.

• Don't see your idea?