Skip to content

General

Welcome to ApartmentRatings.com official feedback forum. Send us your ideas and feedback. Comment on others.

General

Categories

106 results found

1. If someone is evicted than naturally they are going to try and diminish the property's reputation because they are disgruntled. I am sure that many people read the comments but have you ever thought of the people who actually write the comments? This website reminds me of ratemyprofessor.com because only people who had the absolute best or absolute worst experience are going to comment, and usually it is the ladder. If you ask an individual whose fault it is that they are or have been evicted, the majority of them will say that it is the landlords fault. Perhaps you…

236 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is shameful that your site basically promotes negative and not positives. It is basically human nature to post negative issues than to praise when positive things are happening. There are blatant lies and discriminatiry statements made and your site allows and tolerates it. I am personally offended that you have allowed these nasty statements to remain and even make it to your website to be seen. YOu all should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I was hoping you would create a Facebook presence. Your website has invaluable information and more people need to hear about it. I wish I'd have found you guys before moving into my current situation. Thanks, Aaron

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While Facebook is a great tool for interaction, we’re interested in building the relationship with residents and management companies on ApartmentRatings. FB may change policies that become contrary to our mission of making renting better.

We’ll continue to use our website for interaction while making announcements and sharing information on Facebook.

4. I understand free speech but do you understand when you cannot police who is placing comments that you are providing a platform for anyone to lie, whether or not they are actually residents or disgruntled friends and/or employees or even a resident who was evicted because they didn't pay their rent. They do not have to state who they are or be verified in any way. At least the BBB allows both side to give their story before they post anything. We had a resident call us once who said there was a foul odor in their apartment. When we…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recently, a reviewer called our staff a "Racist Management"! We actually know who wrote this review and it was because we denied
    giving keys to a family member to access her apartment because she was not authorized and her name was not in the lease file. Is this
    racist or is this a situation where we are protecting our residents and enforcing our policies which I must mention are explained in the move in packet. This person intentionally slandered our staff unfairly and
    we have absolutely no recourse? Apartment ratings should not permit people to slander other people whether it…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Only residents who have nothing good to say put things up here. When your website, that allows unchecked slander starts to hurt businesses there should be a way they can removed themselves from your site. Someone will end suing for dammages if complexes can't remove themselves.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alot can change over 3 years and the bad reviews from 6, 7, 8+ years ago are really hurting our property and there have been so many improvements as well as management changes.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After reading all the suggestions, it is becoming clear to me that we, as "human beings", are only looking to be, more and more monstrous, and instead of building new and positive things, we are only looking to destroy. We are angry all the time, and all we can do is start searching a way to put somebody down. This is exactly what this website is. We are looking for a way out of our misery, and the only way to do that is make somebody else miserable.I think an opinion of any kind is to be given only if…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reviews should only be kept for a certain time period as staff and/or management sometimes changes.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Anonymous responded

Review scores count less towards the overall ratings and scores of an apartment over time.

10. Our tight budget will not allow $280 for me to join and I really want to. As you know times have changed and there is zero fluff in an operating budget. HELP! Robert. celebrate@firstcommunities.net

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My apartment complex has many bad reviews for its former management company. Many of the comments, good or bad, no longer are applicable to the current state of apartment living in my complex.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here is a link to Manager Center so you can respond to reviews and manage your community information: https://www.apartmentratings.com/manager/register/userinfo

We maintain the history of the community to show its evolution. However, you may appreciate a new rating summary we are launching in Q1 2020 which looks back at the last 12 months. We call it the epIQ grade. epIQ stands for experience and performance IQ.

We also have tools to help you cultivate reviews and reach your happy residents as well. We believe in a fully balanced view as that is highly informative to prospective residents.

12. WITHOUT charging hundreds of dollars to "register" in order to reply to negative, mostly retaliatory postings.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Anyone can respond to any posted review on the site for free.

13. It's full of fake reviews, either by management or by tenants who have been given incentives by management, or retarded people that don't understand/believe in a lease, get their credit screwed, and then have to bash the place.

Normal people don't review apartments. They just move.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If a community changes hands and the new owner renovates and changes the name of the community will you consider dropping the old reviews? If it is a different legal entity at the same address and Google or Yelp takes the review from the previous property and then places it on the new legal entities listing page. Isn't this a problem?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We maintain the history of the community to show its evolution. However, you may appreciate a new rating summary we are launching in Q1 2020 which looks back at the last 12 months. We call it the epIQ grade. epIQ stands for experience and performance IQ.

15. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to delete the apartment complex that I manage that is on here. It's obvious it's oly being used by those who want to retaliate when they are evicted. Nobody would look for this site if that wasn't the case and it's unfair that the ratings are so negative. Also I have noticed that my building is getting mixed up with another complex somewhere and is recieving negative reviews, but they're not our tenants.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Once a user submits a review, they should not be able to keep it at the top of the review list by tweaking it unimportantly. Someone in our apartment community watches these listings, and as soon as complaints show up, they tweak their 5-star positive review with nothing important for the sole purpose of keeping a positive review at the top of the review listings. This is deliberate manipulation. Maybe a changed review should keep its place right where it was in the listings.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The registered sex offender proximity maps are a bad idea because they are basically worthless due to the fact that the data that is it based includes approximations other inbuilt inaccuraries when generalized. For instance a city or zip code may be approximated by the center point, but not actually be where the sex offenders specifically live. The list is mainly of use for local law enforcement to be used in a case by case manner in the way that most lists were established and are actually maintained. Also, the average person does not understand how little it takes to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback. We receive a lot of positive feedback about the sex offender data, indeed our site is the only apartment hunting site that allows renters to view maps of this information by apartment community. In the future, we may make this a pay feature, but we don’t anticipate taking it away from users because it has proven such a popular and unique feature.

19. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. apartment ratings should investigate false posting to the wrong apt com and remove and post it to the correct one. they can email the person that posted to verify where they where posting to . its a shame that there abuse center will not fix this as its not agaist there policy ... Where can we go to rate apartment ratings them self for not listen to problems and giving lame answers backed by there own policy ... please investagate your site and posting neg postings are great if posted to the correct apt com

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6